Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hello All,
   So sorry for not posting more recently.  I seem to have developed a habit of waiting to post for several months.  I think this is probably bad blogging behavior.  I will work to remedy my issue in the future.
   We had an excellent summer here at Rocky Top.  All the sheep stayed healthy and our pastures kept growing.  Here in central Minnesota, we have received just enough rain to keep everything green, for the most part.  We have certainly fared much better than our friends to the east and south.
   In early August, we traded our ewe lamb for a very similar looking ewe lamb from Kyle Whitcomb (Little Giant Shetlands).  Rachel has named her Penny, pictures to come.  Our three grade ram lambs we could not get sold and will thus be brought to our local butcher.  We will have a lot of lamb meat in our freezer!
   As for our purebred flock, Robb has grown wonderfully and will be brought to Garrett Ramsay (White Pine Shetlands) sometime this fall.  Bucky and Rush look great and Bucky's horns look as though they will clear his head without problem.  They are nearly a full curl now and quite massive.  I think ram horns are one of my favorite things about the Shetland breed.  I do have to say, however, that Robb has far nicer horns than Bucky.  I think he will make a great horned ram for Garrett.
    That's all for now.  I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment